My conscious effort to strive for growth and resilience has really shaped my 10 years of practice as a RMT. My commitments of deepening my understanding of the body and human movement through taking courses and workshops have given me invaluable tools and connections. Those connections have led me to joining the SHIFT team, surrounding myself with like-minded practitioners because I see the value in combining the experience and knowledge from various disciplines and building a thriving community.
My affinity to working with my hands along with being attentive, patient, and understanding to clients’ needs carry over to building a successful practice today. What sets me apart from traditional care is not what I do, it’s what I pay attention to. Clients may have similar symptoms but the underlying issues are distinctive of one another. This is why I don’t rely on cookie-cutter methods when treating clients, rather my approach focuses on the global picture of symptoms, compensations, and history being presented. My treatment approach combines hands-on modalities with movement-based solutions to help you take ownership of your health and provide you tools to stay pain-free.
It’s important to me that I have a consistent movement and breathing practice to keep me resilient and strong. Cooking and baking is one of the ways I practice self-love. I have two dogs that keep me active on hikes, training, and practicing yoga with me.
- Bachelor of Science Kinesiology from McMaster University
- CMTO Registered Massage Therapist
- Certified Yoga Teacher from Frog Lotus Yoga
- McMaster Contemporary and Medical Acupuncture Provider
- Anatomy in Motion™ Practitioner
- Neurokinetic Therapy™ Level III Practitioner
- Rocktape Functional Movement Taping Level II
- Laynee Restoration Breathing Method™
- Buteyko Breathing Educator
- Integrated Cranials
- E.L.D.O.A. Level II practitioner