Monika is a personal trainer, movement educator, and holistic bodyworker, who uses a variety of manual and movement tools to help people connect their mind and body in a way that promotes better health, reduced pain, and enhanced quality of life.
She works with all types of people, of various ages and athletic backgrounds, from professional dancers wanting to perform better, to people suffering from chronic pain and limiting health conditions.
She values specificity and attention to detail and believes it is important to custom tailor her work to meet each individual where they are according to their needs, goals, and interests.
Above all, her highest value is to help people develop physical mastery - awakening to the full potential of their body so they can live their full potential in all areas of life, more freely with more energy, and less daily aches and pains.
Skills and training summary:
- Certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS) through the NSCA
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in dance performance (Ryerson University)
- Holistic practitioner of Thai massage practitioner (with studies in foot reflexology and abdominal massage/Chi Nei Tsang)
- Anatomy in Motion (AiM) trained practitioner
- Upledger Institute Craniosacral Therapy Level 2
- Upledger Institute Somatoemotional Release level 2
- Masgutova Neuro-sensory-motor Reflex Integration (MNRI): Dynamic and Postural Reflex Integration
- Postural Restoration Institute (PRI): Myokinematic Restoration
- Postural Restoration Institute (PRI): Pelvis Restoration
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) level 1 certified
- Animal Flow levels 1 and 2